Leading international MS experts
The disease-oriented Competence Network Multiple Sclerosis (KKNMS) is supported by an advisory board comprised of international scientists. This advisory board evaluates the progress of funded projects and promotes research particularly in regard to scientific developments at an international level. On the basis of progress reports and status colloquiums, the advisory board discusses the KKNMS’ research projects.
The current members of the advisory board include 8 MS experts:
- Amit Bar-Or (Neuroimmunology Unit, Montreal Neurological Institute, McGillUniversity, Montreal, Canada)
- Burkhard Becher (Department of Immunology, University of Zürich, Switzerland)
- Rogier Hintzen (Department of Neurology, Rotterdam, The Netherlands) ✝
- Ludwig Kappos (Department of Biomedicine, University of Basel, Switzerland)
- Hans Lassmann (Center for Brain Research, Medical University of Vienna, Austria)
- Alex Rovira (Unitat de Ressonància Magnètica, Hospital Universitari Vall d’Hebron, Barcelona, Spain)
- Stephen Sawcer (University of Cambridge, United Kingdom)
The Competence Network Multiple Sclerosis (KKNMS) deeply regrets the passing of Rogier Hintzen. As an distinguished physician, scientist and speaker as well as an appreciated colleague and member of our Scientific Board, he actively supported the founding and the work of our German MS research network for almost ten years.
We are grateful for his commitment, his thoughts and advice. Our thoughts are with his family.
The KKNMS board, May 2019